Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Songs I've Been Into


This week I've been listening to some really good songs lately. Here are just five of them that I really like.

1. RHODES- RAISE YOUR LOVE

I heard this song at the Burberry Fashion Show in 2013. As usual, Burberry uses underground or Indie artist. This time it was a British singer/songwriter that goes by the name of RHODES. Wonderful performance of a wonderful song.

2.HOZIER - TAKE ME TO CHURCH


Irish Singer/Songwriter, Hozier is beginning to take America by storm. This song was featured in the end credits of the new HBO show The Leftovers. The song is a really good chill-out song and the music video is a haunting view of homophobia in Russia.

3. EDITORS - FORMALDEHYDE 



I first heard this song on XFM and instantly fell in love with it. It's a really good love anthem and really danceable. This song is forever playing in my car.

4.  JAMES BLAKE- RETROGRADE




Another gem I discovered from The Leftovers.  I heard this song in the trailer and nearly broke my Shazam.   It's a soulful Brit and a song that deserves horizontal head movement to the beat.

5.  WALK THE MOON - NEXT IN LINE


A dance song that is forever playing in my car. A feel good summer anthem for me (and hopefully you) to tap your steering wheel to.

No comments:

Post a Comment