Friday, March 27, 2015

To a Time Where I mingled Amongst Elves.




On Monday I went to the Soho Theatre and saw a live recording of the QI podcast, No Such Thing As A Fish. The recording started at 7 but I got there a bit early and got to speak to Dan Schneider, the sort of MC elf. We bonded over our weird accents and abundance of passports.

The recording was excellent! Really funny and factual-- the main draw of the programme. It was very penis-heavy this time 'round, though...

After the recording I had drinks with 3/4 of the star elves-- James, Andrew and Dan-- and it was really and truly surreal. I had to pinch myself and force myself not to fangirl.




I was composed. I'm proud of myself.

I also met a fellow sort of 'nerd groupie' in the form of a girl called Molly.  Both of us couldn't believe our luck that we were there.

After a few glasses of wine and a gin and tonic bought with a tenner we all found on the bar floor (which turned out to be Dan's) we all walked to the tube station and said our goodbyes.


I got to hold the Chortle award! I voted for them so many times... I'm glad they won and ecstatic that I got to hold it...
It was truly a night I'll remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment